click-through CLA for the Wiki

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Jun 2 15:48:30 UTC 2007

Can someone help implement $SUBJECT with me?

As per the layers set here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KarstenWade/Drafts/CLAAcceptanceHierarchies

A pure Wiki-contributor no longer needs to do the signed-GPG CLA.  We
can find a canonical location for that page now.

Instead what is needed is for the user, when creating a new
Wiki-account, read through and agree to the CLA as a click-through form.

Then we can drop the ACL restriction and use of EditGroup.  Hallelujah!

I see two generic ways to implement:

1. Wiki-only -- no attempt is made to tie the NewAccount to an
associated FAS account; we rely upon Moin Moin authentication to affirm
that FooPerson has read and approved the CLA; we continue with the
WikiLicense as a reminder of the obligation agreed to.

2. Tie into FAS -- the new FooPerson would get an associated FAS account
and a be part of a new group 'cla_wiki'; the advantage is if we get
additional Web tools that would require the click-through, we can grant
access to people who have already run the gauntlet instead of making
them click through again.

Anyway, those are just my ideas.  And you'll note that, looking at the
above, there is almost nothing that I know how or have access to do, so
I'm turning to y'all for a volunteer. :)

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project