Moin 1.6 and 1.7

Karsten Wade kwade at
Wed Jun 6 16:27:25 UTC 2007

Last summer we were tracking GSoC changes against the 1.5 trunk of Moin.
Those change never got merged, so did not make the 1.6 release.  FWIW,
we're still looking for someone interested in Python, DocBook, and Moin
to help maintain those patches; if we did, we might get them accepted
into the trunk.

A current SoC project is working on providing a Wiki interface for
editing man/info pages.  More details are found on Ville-Pekka's project

The question has come up from Ville-Pekka if we want to track our
changes against the current Moin version (1.6) or the upcoming (1.7),
and we need to have a decision within the week.

Any thoughts on this?

From the project page[1]:

"* Finally decide on 1.6 vs. 1.7. This needs to happen this week as of
writing (week 23). No major changes will get to 1.6 anymore, so if I
based my project on it, then Fedora would need to run an unmerged branch
of the code. Probably not what we want? My suggestion is to work on 1.7
branch and hopefully get my changes merged into mainline eventually."


   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project 
 Sr. Developer Relations Mgr.     |           |          gpg key: AD0E0C41
////////////////////////////////// \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
URL: <>

More information about the Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list