Fedora Magazine RFR

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Jun 20 16:18:30 UTC 2007

Anand Capur wrote:
> Anand Wrote:
>> eGroupware (which I will package for Fedora if needed).
>>     * Web Server: Apache 2.2.4
>>     * PHP 5.2.2
>>     * Database Server: MySQL 5.0.41
>>     * Mail Server: Postfix
>>     * DNS Server: BIND9 (chrooted)
>>     * FTP Server: pureftpd
>>     * POP3/IMAP server: Dovecot
>>     * Webalizer for web site statistics
> I found egroupware packaged for fedora core 5/6 already. The link was
> on the egroupware site.
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/eGroupWare/Fedora_Extras_6/noarch/

Ouch. If it's not in our repositories, it isn't properly packaged, or
no-one ever took ownership and just dumped that package in.

IMHO, that package is just like this one package I have:
This-will-burn-your-machine-1.0.1-4.fc7.noarch.rpm

Nonetheless, the package can save you a lot of work since you would only
need to adjust the spec file and maybe build some patches to match the
packaging guidelines and pass review, right?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen