Upgrade metrics

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 20:41:17 UTC 2007

Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 10:51 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>> It keeps trying as best as it can until network comes up.  If all
>> that
>> fails (say a reboot is required before network comes up) the monthly
>> smolt checkin will start up and we'll get them a month after they
>> install.  The monthly checkin will also let us do queries on 'active'
>> users say people that have submitted in the last 6 months or 12
>> months.
>>

> Does it do things like reload dns when the network config changes?
> Because, tee hee, glibc does not handle this kind of thing for you.
>

>> Well we do have smoltGui available and we're working on adding a
>> rating
>> system for the entire profile as well as individual devices.  The
>> question is how to get people to run it.
>>

> Who is working on that?  You know, so I can stick my little nose into
> it.

No one right now but one of the interns has expressed interest.  He's
already helped me get the client running on Debian and Ubuntu.  The
ratings system was the next thing.  Jcollie had a prototype for the
client IIRC as well.  If you are interested or no someone who's
interested let me know.  Its just been a matter of not having enough
time for me to get it in.