Fedora 7 Update Informatin for general users

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 18:19:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 10:41:21AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 28 June 2007 10:39:07 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Thomas Chung wrote:
> > > First all, thank you for Fedora Update System.
> > > It's wonderful to see that we finally have something we always wanted.
> > >
> > > While looking at the list of Stable Updates for Fedora 7[1], it gives
> > > me an idea that this could replace our static Fedora Security
> > > Advisories and Package Updates  for Fedora 7[1] on our project wiki.
> > >
> > > What do you think? Could we open this system up so any general users
> > > can see this information anonymously without logging-in with Fedora
> > > Account System?
> >
> > Can anyone kindly answer this? It would save a lot of manual effort.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Rahul
>
> Filing an RFE in Trac is better than in a mailing list.  I don't think anybody
> sees anything wrong with an anonymous view of the updates system, there is
> just a lot more important stuff to get done first.

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi/ticket/43

Shouldn't be very hard to implement; I think we can probably get away
with simply wrapping the update actions and sidebar with

I've been trying to get a huge bodhi upgrade out the door, but keep
finding myself just trying to squeeze in "just one more feature".

I'll get RSS feeds and anonymous access working after I get this other
stuff released.

luke