How to service builders?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Mar 1 02:41:14 UTC 2007

Once upon a time Wednesday 28 February 2007, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> As an example, currently the builder status says
>
>   xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com  (unavailable)
>
> but
>
>   xenbuilder2 ~]$ /sbin/service plague-builder status
>   plague-builder (pid  1939) is running...
>
> so assuming I wanted to restart it as a simple first step, where do
> I find the documentation? Basically, I would be interested in whether
> it requires root privileges and what role the account system groups
> play (if any).
It requires root.  It is actually supposed to be off right now.  as i have
noticed what seems to be some i/o issues on that box.  some jobs seem to take
up to 1 hr to prep on it.

I just had a quick look and iptables was blocking the packets.  I have
corrected the rules to allow communications.  but i have turned
plague-builder off  for now  so i can run some tests on it.

Dennis