people,developers.fedoraproject.org

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 03:34:43 UTC 2007

Matthew Galgoci wrote:
>> Never underestimate what you can do with wildcard DNS :-)
>
> Heh.
>
>>> 2) worries about people creating a username "admins" and thus getting
>>> "admins.fedoraproject.org"
>> You're on your own on this one :)
>
> Pre-existing domains take precedence over wildcard.
>
> Someone could also setup asshats.fedoraproject.org too. Just something to ponder.

Have we considered that *.fedoraproject.org is precious enough that we
don't want arbitrary names there?

Even if users don't do something malicious or stupid, it is possible
that somebody would create a name that we will want to use for a service
later.

If we really want this, why not do username at fedorasomethingelse.org instead?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com