Multiple CLA Implementation

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 19:55:15 UTC 2007

I just talked with Ken Reilly, one of RH's engineering managers.  We are
trying to solve the CLA problem, where legal surprised us by allowing
Red Hat contributors to Fedora under Red Hat's CLA instead of Fedora's
CLA.  We both realize there are potential problems in this, but there is
urgency to allow Red Hat CLA very soon because this blocks many Red Hat
engineers from creating Fedora Accounts as we approach the merge.

Below is an initial simple implementation to enable this very quickly.
Luckily however, the groups shouldn't get in our way to further improve
this process later.

One Time Changes
================
1) Existing cla_done is cloned to fedora_cla.
2) dell_cla group is created, Matt adds whoever he wants.  Remove
dell_cla members from fedora_cla.
3) redhat_cla group is created, populated through various means.
4) Modify existing Fedora CLA signing process to join fedora_cla instead
of cla_done.

Automatic Changes Thereafter
============================
fedora_cla auto adds to cla_done
redhat_cla autoadds to cla_done
dell_cla autoadds to cla_done
Toshio's cvsextras -> fedorabugs code should work in these cases too?

redhat_cla Management
=====================
1) (one time) Dump dist-fc7 package owners, match e-mail addresses with
FAS accounts, add all those to redhat_cla.
2) (one time) Add everyone else that we know about who currently doesn't
  match e-mail addresses.
3) Give kreilly admin access to the redhat_cla group, so he can
add/remove members in an interim.
4) Later give RH GIS access, so they can make it part of their standard
"new employee" or "remove employee" process.

See any problems in this?  Please comment.

We need this implemented REAL SOON, hopefully by tomorrow.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com