python-kid on buildsys server

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu May 10 15:18:56 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 09:40:50 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>

> What risk? Where can I read about that? Dennis has not replied to my
> public mail either.
>
> Currently, repoview is the only package that requires python-kid on that
> machine. Who decides on what packages from that mysterious private repo
> are "supported" on that machine or not? Seth?

Anyone with admin access to that box.   If someone wants to install the
RPM on that box and make sure it works they are welcome to do so.

>> I'm sorry but your local
>> copy of yum 2.6 is not supported by the Fedora Infrastructure team.
>>

> That "team" has never before said anything about it. The API is needed as
> the backend for the Extras multilib resolver, Extras repoclosure, ... and
> some other tools. But maybe you misunderstand.
>
> Perhaps I should drop the ball at this point and declare the code
> unsupported, too. As I said before, this is turning into a negative
> experience for me.

Ok clearly there's been some miscommunication because I have no idea
what you're talking about.  Please tell us how we can re-create the
problem ourselves (and broken xml isn't what I'm talking about)  What
commands do I need to run?  What should I get?  What do I actually get?