Fedora 7 Launch

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Fri May 11 18:21:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 09:51:42AM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>  We've got a lot of prep work to do before Fedora 7 launches.  I'd like to
>  compile a list so if anything is missing let me know:
>
> [...]
>
>  What am I missing?

Bodhi.

I have a test instance running on publictest2[0] that people can play
around with at the moment.  Here is what is on my list of priority tasks
that need to get done before F7:

    o Deployment.  Get bodhi configs into puppet, and make sure
      ssl/static files/etc are working from admin.fp.org/updates

    o Make sure all EPEL guidelines[1] are met

    o Multilib for F7.  For previous releases there was a huge
      biarch-list-of-DOOM, which I have since imported into bodhi's
      database.  However, there is no such list for F7, so we will most
      likely need to do things differently.  notting mentioned somehow
      doing it on the fly, or by having bodhi tag things in koji and
      then using mash to build the entire updates repo.

    o Repo cleaner.  We need something like RepoPrune.py/fedora-updates-clean
      to run occasionally and clean up our tree.

I'll make sure our Bodhi Timeline[2] is up to date today.  I'd like to
get 1.0 deployed this weekend, and ideally hit 1.1 before F7.

Comments/suggestions/help welcome :)

luke

[0]: http://publictest2.fedora.redhat.com
[1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies/PackageMaintenanceAndUpdates