Distributing static content

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Fri May 25 16:28:27 UTC 2007

On May 25, 2007, at 7:16, Mike McGrath wrote:

> We've got a whole pool of sysadmins on this list.  How do you deal
> with these issues in your current environments?

csync2 can be great for this sort of thing - I use it for recursive
directory copies when puppet is too slow for that.

	http://oss.linbit.com/csync2/

For larger number or files it's much much more efficient than rsync
-- and it can sync "both ways"[1].

The proxy suggestion is also good (Varnish[2] is an up and coming
super efficient reverse proxy cache server), but you still need to
sync the content on at least two backends for HA...

  - ask

[1] http://oss.linbit.com/csync2/paper.pdf
[2] http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ - http://phk.freebsd.dk/pubs/
varnish_roadshow.pdf