wiki madness

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 06:42:49 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 00:49 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> Option 1: Continue to work with Moin

> Disadvantages:
> - Upstream seems uncooperative

Sorry, I worded my email poorly; I meant to go back over that part and
make sure I wasn't unintentionally maligning the Moin Moin project.
They're very cooperative, afaic, but they have resources with specific
skills and interests.  Just because we want to shoe-horn in better
DocBook support and man page editing features doesn't mean they *should*
accept it.

My point is that Fedora Project could find a way to step-up more with
contributing to the Moin Project, as part of the method of getting our
changes accepted (and knowing when and where to run beta versions, how
to keep our one-off changes in sync with the tree, etc.)

MediaWiki has Wikipedia as a main constituent user that drives some
features, right?  Who does that for Moin?  Could that be
fedoraproject.org/wiki?  Or are we really not that big of an
install/userbase?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.