wiki madness

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 17:32:59 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

>> As I see it, we have 3 options:
>>
>> 1) Continue to work with Moin
>> 2) Migrate to another wiki
>> 3) Roll our own TurboGears wiki
>>

> 4) Fork Moin.

As a subpoint to this -- There's several ways we could fork moin.

1) take their code and only add the changes we need that they are
unwilling to take.  We are already doing this on an extremely small
scale with the hierarchical acls patch and the async notification patch.

2) make major changes to the codebase, for instance tying it to a DB
backend.

3) take individual components that we like from moin and port those to
another framework (for instance, taking their syntax parser and porting
it to a turboGears backend).

-Toshio