Mirror Manager Backup

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 03:52:27 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> Just a quick thought after tonight's outage.
>
> If *everything* is down, the most important thing to have up is the
> mirrormanager since all of our users depend on it on a regular basis.

Mirrormanager is perfectly designed in this respect.  Long story short,
everything that has anything to do with distribution needs to not be in
a Red Hat colo.  Certainly not as the SPOF.  This will require a few
external pieces (including a backup vpn server, which openVPN makes
pretty easy to do).