wiki madness

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Nov 2 05:06:06 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 12:49:31AM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> Option 3: Roll our own TurboGears wiki
>
> Advantages:
> - We're in control (workflow, features, upstream, etc.)
> - Integration with FAS is trivial
>
> Disadvantages:
> - Almost no current specifications
> - Minimal existing code (based on requirements)
> - Smaller developer base
> - Content many need to be transcribed (based on requirements)
> - GSoC work may need retooling (based on requirements)

Won't there be performance problems with a TurboGears-based wiki?  I
thought MirrorManager was having issues with TG performance and had to
enable form-data caching to get acceptable performance at the cost of
possibly stale data.  I don't know the details behind it, but that was
the reason I was given for why when you edit forms in MM it sometimes
returns old pre-edit field values.