wiki madness

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sat Nov 3 12:38:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 09:06:04PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> 1) app3 serves the site form.
> 2) User fills out form and submits
> 3) app4 processes the form results (including the call to site.sync())
> and raises a redirect back to the form.
> 4) app3 gets the request and pulls the stale data out of its cache
> because site.sync() wasn't called on this server.

Another option that dawns on me, that also matches Mike's goals for
the applications servers, would be to change the balancer.  Instead of
evenly balancing between app3 and app4, we set the weight on app3 to
be very very high, like 2^32-1 or whatever the max is, and set the
weight for app4 to be 1.  That will redirect the traffic to app3 all
the time, except when it's offline, in which case it'll redirect to
app4, yes?

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux