2 mirrorlist changes for this week

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Nov 5 13:21:52 UTC 2007

Vasile, admin of repo.fedoramd.org, noticed two bugs in the mirrorlist
script.

1) some users aren't being resolved by GeoIP.  Turns out, we have two
   different copies of the GeoIP.dat database on app3 and app4.  I
   want to update both to have this month's copy.  We should also
   figure out how to automate getting this file once a month and
   publishing to our app servers.

2) If a user isn't resolved by GeoIP, they will be given the global
   list, but without excluding mirrors who have an Exclusive Country
   set (e.g. Vasile's server really only wants traffic from .md users,
   but he sees global users).  This requires a change to
   mirrorlist_server.py trim_by_client_country() which I haven't made
   yet, but will look into doing so.  We should make this change to
   provide better accurate clients to our mirrors to keep their
   expenses down.  I'll post the patch here for review before implementing.

Objections?
-Matt

--
Matt Domsch