remote vnc-installs

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 20:23:54 UTC 2007

Chris Weyl wrote:
> I don't follow this list closely, but are we now using RHEL for Fedora
> infrastructure?  Weren't we using Fedora to run the Fedora
> infrastructure (for obvious reasons)?  Why the change?

We've used a mixture of RHEL and Fedora for as long as I can remember.
In general RHEL fits our needs better because it gives us a longer
period before it goes EOL which means we don't have to reinstal the
servers once a year.  When we have a need for a feature that isn't
present in RHEL we use Fedora for the service, usually with the idea
that we'll migrate the service to RHEL when RHEL rebases to a
sufficiently current Fedora.

-Toshio