Proposal: Rename cvsextras to packager

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 15:32:08 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:28:35 -0400
> Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> It's sweeping in that a /lot/ of documentation is going to need
>> changing.  Not just in the wiki but in other training materials and
>> procedural documents.  This is not a small change.
>

> I forgot to follow through on this thought.  My reasoning for holding
> it back is that all the other changes we're making are going to require
> documentation changes in many of the same places.  It would be better
> if we lumped them in together so that a single set of changes are made
> rather than a continual series.  And remember, it's not just the wiki
> that will need updating.

Both FI and FESCO already blessed this plan.  The necessary changes to
scripts are understood, and documentation updates are trivially easy.

I don't see how this is a big change?  The main thing is doing it at a
time when building has to stop, and that is happening anyway during the
CVS branching.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com