MirrorManager mirrorlist parameters

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Oct 11 14:16:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 04:08:32PM -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 01:38:20PM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > Interesting idea. The database doesn't know anything about file
> > "types" right now, pretty intentionally.  Doesn't mean we can't add
> > such, but that will add complexity and possibly additional maintenance
> > burdens.
> >
> > How would you expect to handle sets of media (e.g. downloading 3 CD
> > ISOs that are in the releases/7/Fedora/i386/iso/ directory as opposed
> > to a single DVD ISO)?
> Hmm, good point.  I was thinking that the form could specify a file path
> such as:
>
> filepath=/pub/fedora/linux/releases/%(rel)s/Fedora/$(arch)s/iso/F-$(rel)s-$(arch)-DVD.iso

You can specify
redirect=1&path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Fedora/i386/iso/....iso
already, and it works.  If some javascript creates that URL, cool.
However, as I've learned, paths do change, and code that generates
paths then needs to change too.

> And the script would substitute the proper values based on the rel/arch
> parameters.  For sets of media, the filepath would go to the directory
> containing all of the images.
>
> I'm mostly unsure about how spins/the get-fedora page will work (and if
> the directory structures/spin names will remain consistent between
> releases), so depending on these factors, it might or might not be
> useful.

Tell you what.  For the F7 and F8 get-fedora page, let's just be
simple and put hardcoded links to the content, in a table format to
make it clear.  We can then look to do fancier things in the future.
I don't want to make a bunch of MM changes at this point in the F8
release if I can avoid it.

Thanks,
Matt

--