Moin and notifications

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Oct 17 14:05:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 08:20:32AM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> The smolt team has actually chosen mediawiki for its wiki.  I've been
> keeping an eye on it as a replacement for moin.  There is a perl script
> to convert but it didn't seem to work for me out of the box and didn't
> convert any of the usernames.

I've looked into doing Single Sign On using an external userlist in
MediaWiki for a project at work.  We made it far enough to know it was
possible but didn't finish the work.  See
http://wiki.case.edu/CaseWiki:External_Authentication#Create_Your_Custom_AuthPlugin_Extension

In this world, there's still a mediawiki account, but it's
auto-created at first authentication from the authentication provider
(in our case, FAS).

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux