owner-sync-pkgdb now run from cron

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:33:53 UTC 2007

Hi guys,  Just a message to let you know syncing owner information from
pkgdb to koji is now being done from a cron script on releng1.  You can
still run owner-sync-pkgdb manually after making ownership changes or
adding new packages but if you don't, the changes should propogate to
koji at the top of every hour.

A few notes:
* We're running from releng1 because cvs-int is too old to install the
koji client libraries.  At some point in the future cvs-int will move to
a newer version of RHEL and we can run the script from there.

* owner-sync is being run from my crontab on releng1.  It has to be run
with a user's certificates as we need to authenticate to koji in order
to update ownership information.

* The script that's driving this is version controlled in
/cvs/pkgs/CVSROOT/admin/owner-sync-pkgdb.  I've put it into puppet to
distribute it to releng1 so it's now checked into puppet's config module
as well.

-Toshio