Moin and notifications

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:51:15 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> What would be the replacement? I watch all wiki changes and make
>>> corrections quite often. It would be nice if we can figure out a way
>>> to make moin go faster without cutting down notifications altogether.
>
> I'm watching all the wiki changes as well and I would really miss them.
> Thus a loud "-1" from me to the idea to remove them
>
> BTW, I often told contributers to subscribe to areas in the wiki (e.g.
> like "EPEL/.*") to follow the happenings in EPEL land. A few did that.

Sorry to reopen this thread but I think I remembered something last
night related to this.

Do any of the wikis we're looking at using to replace moin support regex
page watches (or something that could be used similarly... perhaps a
category watch?)  I remember someone (Mike?) looking at other wikis with
an eye towards porting code from another wiki to speed up the
notifications and finding that no other wiki supports regex watchlists.
  Just wondering if we're going to need to change our behaviour WRT page
watchlists if we can't fix moin.

-Toshio