mirrormanager future features

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Sep 4 23:35:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 02:03:57PM +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Matt Domsch wrote:
> >MirrorManager, for what I really wanted to see by the Fedora 7
> >release, has been a success.
>
> You're right, it is! I've set up this preferred netblock and any of the
> roaming clients in my home network can just use stock fedora-*repo
> configuration (as can my servers but they use static configuration
> anyway) ;-)
>
> >Anything else people really need to see?
> >

> Is there a way to 'query' the mirrorlist and telling it explicitly to
> not use any preferred netblock?

I've added that to my working tree now.  Append '&netblock=0' to
disable the netblock code.

> Could we possible filter by protocol (http/ftp, rsync)?

Uhh, hmm.  Could we, yes.  If a host serves both http and ftp right
now, mm only returns the http URLs (faster setup time).  To change
that would be somewhat difficult, we'd have to know a lot more data at
client lookup time than I currently keep track of in the mirrorlist_cache.

> I'm not sure this one is still current, but formerly I had to move
> around directories because some mirror I was syncing from did not use
> the exact same full tree the master mirror was; if it is still current,
> could that be flagged and filtered on-request by mirror-manager?

They only need to have sub-trees (e.g. everything below
pub/fedora/linux) the same.  They can put that sub-tree anywhere they
want as long as they tell mm about it.  If they put things
willy-nilly, then yes, mm won't find it.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch