Introduction (Christopher Vandeventer)

Life Frenzy lifefrenzy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:08:05 UTC 2007

Good Day,

I'm a student entering my senior year of Software Engineering in the USA,
Nashville TN. I made the jump to Fedora about 6 months ago to help me with
my 'weekend'-business. I'll be lurking at the meetings to keep up, and I'll
offer any assistance I can, however much of this information is still beyond
my grasp at the moment. I'm focusing most of my current resources on
learning how to provide & maintain system services, however my future goal
is in project management on open source platforms so I do tend to have a bit
of the benefits and problems of 'jack of all trades.'

I'm going to be working with Ambassadors lists as I'll be doing the
people-person thing for a few years while I gain more experience. I
currently do remote maintenance for the Novell system & network at a
hospital in NYC, and have both CNA & Net+ certifications - attempting for
the LPIC-1 by mid '08. I have started applying for junior level admin
positions, I'll update the profile page on the status if I do receive a
position supporting linux.

My Fedora wiki will have my contact info & website within the next week.
Thanks for giving people the chance to gain experience on Fedora through
volunteering. As the years pass, I plan to work with the Ambassadors and
Translators (Spanish), and possibly some developing, before focusing
entirely here.

I thought it would be appropriate to say Hello though, as I will be reading
your communications.

Van -