fedora-infrastructure.git

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Apr 7 00:36:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008, Roland McGrath wrote:

> What is the relationship between
> git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-infrastructure.git
> and the configs/system scripts in puppet1:/cvs/puppet?
>
> If I want to commit a new version of a script and then get it deployed,
> what is the procedure?

They're not directly related but in our case if its something that could
be useful outside of Infrastructure we typically stick a copy in
fedora-infrastructure.git.  This is sub optimal because then we've got a
copy of the script in two locations.

Ideally we'd want puppet to pull directly from the
fedora-infrastructure.git repo for such scripts but the work hasn't been
done yet to see what that would take (anyone with access is welcome to
show us how its done, just stick it in the /wiki/Infrastructure/SOP/Puppet
page.