app servers updated

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 04:14:10 UTC 2008

I've built and added to the fedora-infrastructure repo the following
packages:

* fas-clients -- Contains a backported patch so we don't see deprecation
warnings when run with the new python-fedora.
* fas -- Contains one backported patch that we're currently running on
fas1 and fas2.
* python-sqlalchemy -- Major version upgrade.  from 0.3 => 0.4.  AFAIK
this update only affects smolt and packagedb, both of which have been
ported and tested with this release.
* fedora-packagedb -- Major changes to support SQLAlchemy 0.4 and to
re-optimize some code paths for FAS2.  This release should be much
faster for certain operations like viewing the firefox page or mass
branching.
* python-fedora -- Major changes.  removed all FAS1 code.  Moved
BaseClient and deprecated the old location.  Updated json.py for
SQLAlchemy-0.4.  Added a kludge for bz_email handling.  Threaded
jsonfasvisit so it contacts the fas server less often.

fas-clients, python-sqlalchemy, fedora-packagedb, and python-fedora have
been installed on app2, app4, and app5.vpn.  These are our TurboGears
app servers.  I haven't installed them on fas1 & fas2 or any of the
other machines yet.  We can do that if we want or wait until after the
change freeze.

*If there's any problems with the new packagedb or other TurboGears apps
please contact me so I can look at fixing it or rolling back these
changes before the change freeze.  (abadger1999 on freenode)*

The next version of python-fedora will likely have some incompatible
changes to the interface between BaseClient and the Server.  Those
changes will make error handling between the Server and Clients better
and standardize some of the things that we currently do in an ad hoc
fashion but will require modifications of all the servers that talk to
clients in order to work.

I'll let people know when I have a new version of BaseClient ready to
test against.  The specification from the server side view is here::

http://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/python-fedora-python-fedora-devel?cmd=content;path=doc/service.rst

-Toshio