static F10 Alpha relnotes page

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 02:21:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Nigel Jones wrote:

> Basically it'll wipe the MW cache etc and display the fresh copy.
>
> I think this would be a rather interesting experiment and I am sure that
> Mediawiki will pass with flying colours :).  And well, if it does turn
> out we need to use static pages, then it's not that hard to do :).

I'd also prefer not to do anything unless we see something fail.  During
the actual release it might be good to turn some pages static but not
actually use them.  Then its just a config push away from going live in
case the wiki does fail.

AFAIK the wiki has no performance issues when people are not logged in
(this includes most people during release day)  and as far as when people
are logged in its due to how we're doing session management.  Ricky's
currently looking into one alternative and there's others to look at if it
fails for whatever reason.