Puppet Commits

brett lentz wakko666 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:34:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Nigel Jones <dev at nigelj.com> wrote:
> Sorry for all the puppet commits today, it's been driving me nuts as
> well.
>
> But what happened to 'make check' that could be run before commit?
> Really what I want to do, is say "lets pretend I'm
> publictest9.fedoraproject.org, what would I get and will it work?"
>
> Is this even possible?  Can we fix it?
>
> - Nigel

As far as I'm aware, because we're not using an external node
classifier, we can only see what it currently gets, not what it will
get.

You can find that info by looking at /var/lib/puppet/classes.txt.

As far as testing out the changes, the only way I'm familiar with
doing that is by stopping puppetd, and running puppetd --test
--no-daemonize. Alternately, you can just send SIGUSR1 to puppetd to
force it to do a catalog run immediately, so that you aren't waiting
around for the errors..

----Brett.