Moin 2.0 (or as I call it, mediawiki)

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Feb 12 14:18:20 UTC 2008

On 2/12/08, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > So I spent some time last night and produced this:
> >
> > https://publictest1.fedoraproject.org/wiki/index.php/FedoraMain
>
> My apologies ... I'm not tremendously familiar yet with mediawiki
> editing yet.  Is similar Macro functionality available (e.g. Include())?

Yes:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Advanced_editing#Including_another_page.E2.80.94transclusion_and_templates

It's also very easy to create your own plugins - I've done several
small ones for an internal wiki.

> I recall quaid indicating this in the past, but export as docbook is
> available?

>From what I can tell the state of exporting docbook from MediaWiki
isn't very good.  Perhaps that would make a good GSoC for someone.  I
don't know if we'd want to run two wikis, but what about using
DocBookWiki for editing the docs?

http://doc-book.sourceforge.net/homepage/

Jeff