TurboGears-1.0.4/SQLAlchemy-0.4 upgrade

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:56:08 UTC 2008

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> I'm getting the new python-fedora working on publictest10 right now and
> will be installing and testing the new stack on publictest1 soon
> (probably tomorrow.)  I'll send a note for people to beat on it while I
> port over the packagedb.

The new stack is running on publictest10.  The change was a bit more
intrusive than I counted on for python-fedora so I'll be waiting until
tomorrow to update publictest1 (when I can be available to address any
problems that we encounter.)

I've also identified a bug in TurboGears-1.0.4.2/3 when used with
SQLAlchemy-0.4.  This will affect people who are locating errors in
input using exception handling like this:

session.update([..])
try:
     session.flush()
except:
     session.rollback
     [.. create an error message for the user ..]
     return [...error...]

This might be used to catch duplicates of a unique record, for instance.
  I have a patch but I haven't gotten feedback from upstream TurboGears
or Luke yet.  The patch is attached to this ticket:
   http://trac.turbogears.org/ticket/1721

-Toshio