Request to remove infofeed

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 16:52:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 11:21:18AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 10:15 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > There's been a request to remove infofeed in favor of bodhi's interface as
> > they now duplicate information.
> >
> > Is anyone against doing this?
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/248
> >

> infofeed has more information, though. Look at the feeds on the right of
> the infofeed. Additionally, there's no single feed for all of the
> updates in bodhi.

Yes there is,

    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/rss/rss2.0?status=stable

> I'm not wed to keeping infofeed - but before we remove something we
> better make sure we provide the same information.

It looks like the infofeed has the RPM summary, description, and recent
changelog.  Bodhi doesn't know about any of these things, so it will
require some database changes to store it.  I've been meaning to have
bodhi grab the recent RPM changelog upon submission for a little while now,
so I don't have a problem implementing this, if we care?

If we were to display these fields too, it would end up looking like

    name - summary
    package description

    update notes
    bug list