RFC: Infrastructure Voting

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 04:22:49 UTC 2008

I'd like to propose a formalized system for the Infrastructure team to
vote.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MikeMcGrath/Voting

I think this will make decision making a bit easier.  It's possible I'm
trying to fix something that isn't broken but it would still be nice to be
able to tell people why things are the way they are and that a vote took
place.

While I take a great deal of pride in how transparent and open our team is
I do, from time to time, hear complaints about us making decisions behind
closed doors.  I think this is mostly an educational gap but some of it is
the ambiguous way we make decisions which is just kind of "ehh?"  "ehh!"
then stuff changes :)

Thought?  Comments?