Fedora Search

Ryan Ordway rordway at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jan 30 18:39:44 UTC 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 9:57 AM, Mike McGrath wrote:

> We need a Fedora search engine.  Especially for docs.  Options
>
> 1) Do we run our own?

Definitely.

> 2) Do we use google.

No, I think it should be OSS.

At OSU our web group uses Nutch with pretty good results. And you
don't have to use the java interface, I believe that they're just
exporting via XML and using PHP for the actual interface. So it could
integrate just as nicely into a TG app or what have you.

http://search.oregonstate.edu/

Ryan

Ryan Ordway                           E-mail: rordway at oregonstate.edu
Unix Systems Administrator               rordway at library.oregonstate.edu
OSU Libraries, Corvallis, OR 97331    Office: Valley Library #4657