Fedora Search

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Wed Jan 30 19:19:48 UTC 2008

Jonathan Steffan wrote:
> I have. I'd recommend using datapark search[1]. There is also the
> xapian[2] but it will need a robot to do the crawling (it has the Omega
> indexer, but that is designed for local data.) I've got some python code
> started, but it's not ready for production. htdig can be used to feed
> data to xapian, so if we do go the route of htdig[3], I'd recommend
> feeding the htdig data to the xapian framework[4] otherwise we'd need to
> run Omega on any system that has data and it wont index data that needs
> to be rendered.

I'm not sure if this is something that would affect the situation, but Moin
1.6 apparently has Xapian integration. So if Xapian is used in one way or
another, we could maybe get better search results from the wiki as well. I've
never used Xapian (with or without Moin) though, so I don't have any
experience on it.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio