YUM security issues...

Josh Bressers bressers at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 11:45:22 UTC 2008

On 21 July 2008, Josh Bressers wrote:
> On 19 July 2008, "Justin Cappos" wrote:
> >
> > By the way, did you remove the ability for mirror admins to select a
> > subnet where they'll serve all of the traffic?   We're particularly
> > concerned about this issue in the short term.   We took our mirror
> > down (mirror1.lockdownhosting.com) quite a while ago so we can't check
> > for ourselves.
> >

> I don't know the answer to this, so I'm adding the Fedora Infrastructure
> list to the CC.
>
> For you Fedora Infrastructure guys, this is regarding this paper:
> http://www.cs.arizona.edu/people/justin/packagemanagersecurity/
>
> Thanks.

Sadly I'm resending this.  The Fedora Infrastructure group doesn't have
their act together, so my original message is stuck in a moderator queue
nobody has the password for.  I've subscribed to the list for the purpose
of sending this mail.

Can someone respond to the above question from Justin.

Thanks.

--
    JB