Introduction

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Sun Jul 6 03:42:25 UTC 2008

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Finnur Örn Guðmundsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Finnur Örn Guðmundsson. I live in the Reykjavik area
> (Hafnarfjordur), Iceland. I am 25 year old.
>
> I work as a Sysadmin at TM Software, a large ASP company here in Iceland.
> My job roles are: Deploying and managing SAN networks & storage systems for us
> and our customers, administering linux/unix machines (of course!), core
> services (DNS/NTP etc), deploying/debugging hardware (x86 servers mostly) and
> loads of other stuff. We use RHEL/CentOS as our distro of choice.
>
> I have been watching this mailing list for a while and would like to
> contribute something back to the Fedora community in some way (Be it
> packaging, documentation, sysadmin stuff or anything else).

Well the good news is every area you just mentioned... needs help!  I'd
suggest picking one and pursuing it first to get a feel for how Fedora as
an organization does things.  Let us know what you want to do (packaging,
documentation and sysadmin work are all different teams), we'll get you
pointed in the right direction.