Contribution request

Xavier Lamien laxathom at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 13 21:37:29 UTC 2008

Hello folks,

I decided to get more involved in fedora project (i.e do more "technical
stuff" with the fedora project as i'm very interesting about fedora
infrastructure) and would like to contribute to FI.

I'm a system engineer working for an Open Source Software Company called
"Linagora".

I'll try to resume a bit all i do all days at work and for fedora just
below.

== Fedora services with what i'm already familiar and used to work: ==

* Buildsystem :
   - Koji server/client : deployed at work in our infrastructure for best
support for our client.
                                 Also working to make koji able to deal with
.deb builders (called pbuild) as i have collegues who work on the .deb part.
                                 automate the database interaction with
koji.
   - plague server/client : also deployed at work .

   - CVS + Sources control : deployed at work with a look-aside-cache-like
tool.
                                          settup on RPM Fusion
infrastructure too.

* Account system :
   - FAS2 : Only on RPM fusion infra.
                We use something else at work for this part :(. but my
employer is really interesting by FAS and FDS for our clients.

* and FDS

== System with which i'm familiar : ==
RedHat 8, 9, el4, el5
Solaris 8, 10 (we only update on release n+2 for technical reason)
fedora (of course!)
Debian

==  sotfware knowledge ==
nfs server
proxy (like squid) server
openldap server
fds
postgresql
mysql
apache server (also v2)
tomcat5 server
dhcp server
bind server
cvs server
svn server
git server
all related repository tools
nis server
puppet
glpi (including puppet deployement) [one of my collegue is an puppet
developer]
san
xen
kvm
vmware services
zsf, svm, global domain (solars part)

== additional ==
used to work with python, bash, shell, zsh and ksh script

well,  i don't know if that enough to you to know me more.
If you have any additional question, just ask.

PS: i'll be at Redhat summit (as hexibitor) if you would like to alk about

--
Xavier.t Lamien