Fedora TV Submission Form - PHP

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 17 13:45:32 UTC 2008

I've opened this as a ticket in trac -
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/633 with the php
file attached. Thoughts and feed back is appreciated...

Best,

Jon

----------------

We've created a channel in Miro, Fedora TV, for use by the marketing
team with things like screencast tutorials/video interviews etc and we
want to make it easy for community people to submit their content.

To do this, we planned to create a simple web form that collects the
users' data (Name, e-mail, video URL etc) and then sends that off to
an e-mail address. This e-mail address could either belong to a single
editor or a mailing list (the latter is preferred), so that we can
check it's relevant before adding it to the main channel feed for all
the world to see.

We have a simple script in PHP to collect this form information and
e-mail it, and providing people don't think there are better
approaches to this, we would like to get it hosted so that we can use
it on Fedora Websites.

Feedback and help is appreciated :)