Asterisk Status / Future Plans

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Fri Jun 20 18:02:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 12:54 -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> 1) Everything we currently use is fully puppetized (or at least I hope
> so).  That includes a cron job that syncs user information from FAS at
> 10 and 40 minutes after the hour.

This appears to be working very well.

> 2) There are two conferences set up sip:fudcon at fedoraproject.org and
> sip:infrastructure at fedoraproject.org

Do we have numeric extensions that map to these conference rooms?  Not
everyone is able to dial a SIP URI, so adding numeric equivalents is an
important thing to consider.

> 3) Dialling in from the DID numbers work, and the directory appears to
> be working.
>
> Future plans/ideas:
>
> 1) Need content on talk.fedoraproject.org to help folks set up
> clients. Max has a done a good job of getting the boilerplate ready so
> now we need to do the hard work of writing the content.

I can help with some of that.

> 2) Better system for provisioning conferences.  Some of the
> requirements I have in mind are:
>
>   a) password protected conferences for things like the Fedora
> Advisory Board meetings
>
>   b) a way to stream audio using flumotion to a larger listen-only
> audience (for the town-hall meetings)

I've done this before with ICES, but it shouldn't be too hard to get
working with flumotion.  Didn't we already have this working (at least
duct-taped together) before?

>   c) an easy way to provision "normal" conference rooms for other groups

What about letting people create their own dynamic conference rooms as
needed?

-Jared Smith