Asterisk and Town Hall meeting

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 13:42:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> The Fedora Board should be doing another "town hall" style meeting on
> Tuesday April 1.  (No fooling.)  In March we postponed plans until then
> to use Asterisk and Gstreamer to provide some sort of listening
> capability for community members.
>
> (1) How is that going?

Blocking on manpower, proof of concept seemed good though.

> (2) Can we plan to use that solution for the April 1 meeting?

Not likely

> (3) If not, how can we schedule so as not to crunch the team around the
> F9 release timetable?

Depends on how much of a priority it is.  I can help get asterisk in
better shape for the town hall style meetings but it will be at the
expense of the wiki migration.  jcollie is the main contact (volunteer)
on that and $DAYJOB prevents him from working on it full time (as dayjobs
will do :)

Dennis, what say you about looking in to getting this up and going?  I'm
not sure what your schedule looks like.