FAS2: group membership policies

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 24 11:32:01 UTC 2008

In the Art group we decided to enforce a set of rules (nothing special,
a mailing list introduction and maybe a small task completion) for
granting group membership to unknown people (I believe it is the same
number for any other group: an important number of join requests from
unknown people).

For the time being I sent manually emails with a short introduction and
an invitation to join the mailing list, but I wonder if there is a place
in FAS2 (I believe there isn't but would be useful) where a group can
write the membership rules and when someone wants to join the rules are
presented in a friendly way.

Somewhat unrelated: in the group lists (for example
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/list/A*) there is a quick
"Apply" link with an info icon, which points to an non-existent URL -
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/about