xen7 networking issue?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:57:54 UTC 2008

2008/3/31 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com>:
> Someone just reported that the wiki was down and I thought xen7 might
>  have crashed again.  when I tried to ssh to it my connection timed out.
>   ping xen7 was fine.  I serial consoled in and then immediately tried
>  to ssh to xen7 again.  it worked.  uptime showed that xen7 has been up

I've seen this on RHEL4 boxen for no apparent reason - no ssh or other
network connectivity (I forget whether ping works or not), connect to
serial console, login as root, and everything becomes fine again.  I
have no way to reproduce this, other than to say it happens
occasionally.  I wouldn't even know where to begin debugging it :(