Change Request: fix a fas2 vs fas1 regression

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri May 2 07:24:58 UTC 2008

Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On 2008-05-01 06:24:32 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> I've just committed this change to the fas git repo that fixes a change in
>> the dump format from fas1 to fas2.  In fas1, the role_type was accurate
>> when dumped from the account system.  In fas2, role_type was always "user"
>> even if the person was a sponsor or administrator.
>>
>> I'd like to have this applied to the production FAS so that the Package
>> Status Scripts can be run again.
> +1 for the role_type fix
> (If the last field, the number of people sponsored, isn't vital to those
> scripts, then we can fix that last omissions after the freeze.)

Shoot.  I didn't know that field was broken as well.  Am I correct that
that's the number of people that the given person has sponsored?

If so, here's a new version of the patch that fixes that as well
(committed to fas's git).  It makes two db queries inside of the method
body[1]_ per request.  I'm pretty sure that it could be made into a
single query per request but I don't think that's a necessary change at
the moment.

This has been tested on pt3 for plain text and json calls, with a
groupname and without a groupname specified.  It imports a few methods
from sqlalchemy but otherwise it only touches the dump method and its
template just like the last patch.

.. _[1]: There are additional queries that we don't have much control
over for authentication and such.

-Toshio