Blog syndication for GSoC - ers

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Sun May 25 04:33:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 May 2008, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:

>> > Is it possible to waive the requirement that my mentee has to be
>> > sponsored to a group other than the CLA group? I remember there were
>> > discussion about syndicating our mentees blogs to Planet Fedora?
>>
>> I'm going to forward this to seth vidal, who is in charge of such
>> things, and the Fedora Infrastructure team.
>>
>> Personally I think that the students/mentees will need access to the
>> wiki at some point or another. That can definitely count as a second
>> group.  I've made it a point for my mentee to have a biography on the
>> wiki, and with the new wiki, it has it's own group in FAS.
>>
>> To actually put a blog on Planet Fedora, the mentees need to follow
>> the instructions seth posted a few days ago.
>>
>> They can be found here
>> http://skvidal.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/changes-at-planet-fedora/
>>

> My personal feeling is that individuals that want to be on planet really
> should be a fedora contributor.  The barriers are pretty low (and going
> down even more all the time) to contribute.
>
> The question then is, why would someone want to be on Fedora planet but
> not be a fedora contributor?

These are our google summer of code students, more or less.  In the
case of Smolt, I want Pavel sending patches to me instead of just
pushing them.  The only reason is because of google requirements.
That's why you probably haven't seen his application to be a member of
hgsmolt.

Still, the wiki's a group, no?

-Yaakov