Blog syndication for GSoC - ers

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Mon May 26 14:55:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Karsten Wade <karstenwade at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It would be but I get the feeling that some aren't joining or aren't
>> allowed to because of google rules (I have no idea about either of
>> these, someone please correct me)
>
> Well, AIUI Google's whole point of getting the students connected
> months ago was so they could join the projects and so forth.
>
> If there are any students who haven't got their FAS account ... why? Etc.
>
> Google mainly wants the students to fit in with the project, under our
> own regular processes.  Where they exert influence is in, for example,
> requiring the students to work on their own code and not be a a team
> working on a module, etc.  I presume this is mainly to let them tie
> expenditure to effort directly, without team effects.

This is more or less 'it' in a nutshell.  There is one extra
requirement that they have a uploadable set of files, mainly for legal
reasons.  That's pretty much all there is to it.

In my case, I've asked pavel to email me patches for git.  The
reasoning is that we'll have a log of emails complete with files that
can be tarballed and submitted to Google easily.  I've asked him not
to ask for permission to participate in our git instance, although he
really does need to sign up for our trac.  He also needs to be signed
up for the wiki, and a few mailing lists.  His participation is
supposed to be the same as anyone else's with the notable exception of
the 'hgsmolt' group.

-Yaakov