An introduction

Mike McCarthy mdmccarthyuk at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 24 15:47:13 UTC 2008

Hi all,

My name is Mike and I'm a sysadmin based in the UK.  I work mainly with
RHEL, TRU64 and AIX systems professionally but have a few Fedora boxes at
home that I experiment with generally to save me trashing any of the
corporate systems :) .  I moved into administration about 5 years ago from a
development background and so feel quite comfortable playing around with
code and generally scripting too.  I started as a C developer and worked
with a few flavours of assembly but these days mostly lurk around Perl.  I
understand that Python plays a big part in the Fedora project and so would
really like to learn a bit more about it.  If there is any way I can help
and hopefully at the same time pick up a few new skills that would be
excellent but at the end of the day I'd really just like the chance to
contribute something of value to the project wherever I can.

Hopefully speak to you all soon

Mike