adding releases to bodhi and cluttered menu

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 23:04:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:27:36PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This question is asked in the context of
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pertusus/Draft_keeping_infra_open_for_EOL
> which has not already been approved by FESCO, so this could have no
> follow-up, though I think that this issue is also relevant for EPEL.
>
> Till raised an interesting issue associated with adding more releases in
> bodhi: each release takes some place in the left menu. Another could
> still be right, but I think that 4 or more will certainly be
> problematic. Has this issue already been considered? What is the plan
> for EPEL when it switches to using bodhi? In addition to being there
> there will be in the end 3 to 5 EPEL versions in parallel so this is
> certainly an issue that will arise.
>
> Any comment, idea?

The next major bodhi release will allow single updates to span
across various releases.  I also would like to add a differentiation
between 'Products' (Fedora/EPEL).  With this new model, we could
easily come up with a nice sidebar view that can encompass everything.

> If it ends up that for the proposal (or for EPEL) another bodhi server
> has to be set up, can you tell if it is easy rather easy to set up and
> administer or rather hard?

It's extremely easy to setup, and not very difficult to maintain, but
I'm not sure I see any value in setting up a separate instance for EPEL.

luke