Test fedora-release packages for F8 and F9

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Sep 6 07:36:52 UTC 2008

http://togami.com/~warren/fedora/fedora-release-8-5.transitiontest1.noarch.rpm
http://togami.com/~warren/fedora/fedora-release-9-3.transitiontest1.noarch.rpm
Test fedora-release packages pointing at the newkey update repos.
Attached are sha1sums GPG clearsigned by my personal GPG keyid 54A2ACF1.
  Some cursory tests have indicated that no typos are in these new .repo
files.  Please test these and report if you see any errors.

The F9 version seems to work fine with yum, but unfortunately it exposes
one or more nasty bugs in PackageKit so we likely need more work before
updates can go live.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-September/001702.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-September/001704.html
Discussion ensues about our options for the F9 PackageKit problem...

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-August/001627.html
These packages are drafts the first fedora-release of the newrepo
process.  After this has settled in we will push another fedora-release
in the newrepo signed by the newkey in order to complete the transition
and eliminate the old repos from the user's system.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com