Removal of old projects from fedorahosted.

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 16:13:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 20:33 +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> > As explained by mmcgrath, Fedora has a policy to remove _any_ hosted
> > projects that are
> > not altered or updated for last six months.
>
> Hmmm -- this seems a little problematic.  It's definitely possible to
> have a "mature" project which doesn't see a lot of changes.  Not that
> all of these necessarily fall into that case, but some of them
> definitely do

It's not actually a hard and fast rule.  The wording is:

https://fedorahosted.org/web/terms

"The Fedora Project reserves the right to remove any project from our
system that does not meet the following criteria:

   1. Code contained in the project does not meet our license requirements
   2. No significant changes have been committed or applied for at least
six (6) months
"